How to get there?
Hisense Arena is multi-purpose built stadium located in the heart of Melbourne, within the Melbourne & Olympic Park sports complex.
Public transport is the quickest and most convenient way to get to and from Hisense Arena. Services operate frequently, taking you directly to the Melbourne & Olympic Park precinct.
Parking access is strictly limited. Hisense Area recommends public transport for patrons travelling to the event.
For more information on train, tram and bus timetables, fares and maps call 131 638 or visit metlinkmelbourne.com.au
- Tram Route 70: Flinders Street and Richmond Stations to Melbourne Park and Hisense Arena.
- Tram Route 48: North Balwyn to MCG on Wellington Parade
- Tram Route 75: Vermont South to MCG on Wellington Parade
Take the train to either of the following stations:
- Richmond Station
- Jolimont Station
- Flinders St Station
All are within short walking distance of Hisense Arena.
- Bus Route 246: Take the 246 from Esterwick Station via Punt Road to the corner of Olympic Boulevard for a 500 metres walk to Hisense Arena.
- Bus Route 605: Take the 605 from Gardenvale - City via Exhibition Street, Batman Avenue to Olympic Boulevar.
Click here for more information on private bus bookings.
There is a permanent taxi rank located next to The Oval on Olympic Boulevard
Parking in the Melbourne & Olympic Parks precinct is stricty limited.
Parking is available at:
- Secure Parking: 11 Exhibition Street
, 121 Exhibition Street, 12-20 Flinders Lane
, 32 Flinders Street
, 172 Flinders Street, 114 Flinders Street;
- Wilson Parking : 72 Flinders Lane , Federation Square, City of Melbourne - 202 Flinders Lane
Hisense Arena Velodrome Facts
Hisense Arena is a 250 metre long track.
The track racing surface is 7 metres wide.
The track racing surface is constructed of Baltic Pine (Finland). The total length of the track timber when laid end to end is 56 kilometres. 360 thousand nails were used in the construction of the track.
Two long sections that connect with curved ends, giving the track 4 turns. Riders always ride counter clockwise. The angle of the straights is 12 degrees.
The angle of the banking is a 42 degrees incline.
Visit the Official Website of Hisense Arena